APC GUNTRUCKS

All the action happens here. Talk about whatever's on your mind.

Re: APC GUNTRUCKS

Postby budman523rd » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:54 am

Top, ill round you up some pics,Budman523rd
budman523rd

Branch & Unit: NIGHT LOADING NCOIC 512th and 523rd
ASSIT. PLATOON SGT 523rd
NCOIC BULK BREAK POINT QUIN NHON HARBOR 285th trans.
Years Served: 69-70
Guntruck Names: Eve of Destruction

Postby budman523rd » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:32 am

Chainbr,send me your email addy, ive lost it. budman523rd@aol.com
budman523rd

Branch & Unit: NIGHT LOADING NCOIC 512th and 523rd
ASSIT. PLATOON SGT 523rd
NCOIC BULK BREAK POINT QUIN NHON HARBOR 285th trans.
Years Served: 69-70
Guntruck Names: Eve of Destruction

Postby chainbrakr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Ok finally back up and running here at work!

From the thread you can see what we are trying to do, recreate a vietnam era APC guntruck named the Colonel.

The new revised goal (with backing from the battalion money pot this time) is to have it complete by OCT 15th of this year.

We have stripped the APC of all the extra stuff (road wheels and torsion bars, etc) and just have one more part to get (the winch and bumper) for the truck. We are very close to paint on both.

I know that several of you sent pictures of the Colonel before, but with work, a move, two computer crashes and the entire battalion redeploying from Iraq the gun truck project was shelved, and all of my data lost.

I need the following again.

Picture of the road runner on back hatch.
gloss black or flat black paint for the entire truck (or was it undercoating?)

Any other little thing that we might miss from the few printed pictures I have of the COLONEL.

I also have some in progress pictures to upload to the files (just need to figure that one out, any help on that subject would be great!)

Thanks again for all the help and information!

v/r

1SG Mike Bachini
chainbrakr

Branch & Unit: currently the 1SG of the 497th Transportation Company
Years Served: 1988 to current
Guntruck Names: n/a
Brief Bio: We are rebuilding a guntruck for our battalion display vehicle here at Fort Lewis. We are rebuilding the "COLONEL" with a M54 and M!13 hull.

Postby WorldCommander » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:02 pm

First Sergeant:
There are several pictures of the Colonel here, to include the bird on the door
click below
http://uglyranger.multiply.com/photos/a ... _and_Jeeps
If The Phone Don't Ring ... You'll Know It's Me
WorldCommander

Postby chainbrakr » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:20 pm

ok another update.

truck is now enrolled in the Department of Logistics shop here at Fort Lewis to get painted! We put the APC on the back of the
M54 last week and towed it over.

The really WOW thing about it is that the gentleman who is going to paint it is Mr. Cruz, who was a gunner on King Kobra! There is a picture of him in front of his truck on the wall.

Really good stuff, I need to upload some pictures but the site will not let me upload them, any suggestions anyone?

15 OCT the truck will be complete and in place in front of the battalion so if any of you are in the area of Fort Lewis, WA please come on out and take a look! We would love to see you there and perhaps have you involved in our organizational fun day!

So if anyone can assist with the picture upload I have them available just email me at

michael.bachini@us.army.mil

thanks again for all that you do and for your service!

V/r

First Sergeant Bachini
497th Trans Co
Joint Base Lewis-McChord
chainbrakr

Brief Bio: We are rebuilding a guntruck for our battalion display vehicle here at Fort Lewis. We are rebuilding the "COLONEL" with a M54 and M!13 hull.

Postby landoliver » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Top u need to resize them--there is a free resizer I'll try to get it for u Bill (back again) Try Image Resizer Pro 2006 they will give u 5 freebes
landoliver
Site Admin

Branch & Unit: FSC 50th Inf 1st cav Div----541 Trand co--67th Eng DT
Years Served: 16 years
Guntruck Names: NO NAME !cav Gunjeep NO NAME 67th Eng DT Gunjeep 541st Trans NCOIC COLD SWEAT & JR

Postby red523rd » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:04 am

If you have XP,,,,,Resize free here;
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx
red523rd
Site Admin

Branch & Unit: Chester "RED" Israel
523rd Trans. Co.
Sept 70 - Feb 71
WIA 2-20-71
NCOIC Satans LiL Angel
Guntruck Names: Black Widow - Rear Gunner
Satans LiL Angel - NCOIC

Postby chainbrakr » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:25 am

Shoot, I am going to have to work through something else to get them up. Can't upload photos through government computer. More to follow!
chainbrakr

Postby chainbrakr » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:05 am

Ok, there are several options that I have to get the files available with the resources I have.

1. I will get access to the company facebook page and upload them there and drop the URL for them.
2. Find a civilian computer (I do not have one) and upload them there.
3. email them to someone to upload.

So just hang with me for a minute while I sort this out! I tried to upload them with my iphone but it is not up to the task.
chainbrakr

Postby chainbrakr » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Ok here is the best I can do, I do not have access to a civilian computer (hard times eh?).

Click on the link below to the company facebook page. I have posted several of the pictures there or the original truck and our efforts to make a reasonable copy.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 0034352482

Or if you have a facebook account just type 497th Transportation company backbreakers! into the search box and it should pop up.

update on the truck.

It is currently in paint at the DOL here at Fort Lewis, to be finished by thursday, gun mounts to be put on by monday of next week and then set up for display at our battalion HQ by the 15th of October. It will be towed to the battalion ball on the 16th for photo opportunities for the Soldiers of the battalion and then set up again in front of the battalion HQ.

If anyone is in the Washington area and would like to see the Truck just stop by the main post visitors gate and ask for instructions and get a vehicle pass!

V/r

First Sergeant Bachini
chainbrakr

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion